The Stonefield Community Association exists to improve our community in a variety of ways. We work to maintain or increase the value of our property, enhance the overall appearance of our environment, insure the safety and security of our physical selves and/or our property as well as create new ways for us to help and show respect for one another.
A part of our effort is the award of a Yard of the Month (YOM). Recently the Board approved YOM Guidelines that are:
- Homeowner is in good standing with the Association.
- Yard is well-groomed.
- Yard is attractive; pleasing to the eye
- Buildings, fences, porches, and patios on the property are in good repair
- Extra consideration may be given to properties that have invested extra effort through the use of attractive art pieces
- Yard is free of litter, junk and debris
- Yard is free of junked or inoperable vehicles.
- House numbers are displayed and attractively.
- Only the portion of the yard viewed from the street will be judged.
- Nominations for YOM by neighbors will receive serious consideration by the Committee.
The Board will approve the recommendation of the volunteer Yard of the Month Committee composed of three homeowners in good standing at least one of whom currently serves on the Board.
One home will be selected each month. The homeowner will receive a small award currently a twenty-five dollar ($25) Lowes gift certificate and will host the YOM sign for that month. The award will be made no later than the fifth of each month. Each homeowner will be limited to winning the award only once in any calendar year.
Please nominate a neighbor for YOM via email.